Loop Dreams

Loop Dreams

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Nov 3-6th, 2011

November 3-6

I received a phone call at 6:15AM from my sister to let me know that my dad died at 6AM this morning.  My dad is in a better place and he does not have to struggle any more.  I will miss his smile, laughter and our every day conversations.  He was a wonderful father. 

We are anchored out at an Island close to the Rankin Lock.  Heavy rain storm hit us last night and the boat was rocking.  You could here the waves slap against the bow and it made for a restless night.
We had to wait for a break in the weather so we could go through the lock and dock at a marina and
find a way home.
We left our anchorage around 11:30AM.   The rain had stopped, but the wind was still up.  The lock was challenging and the boat kept swinging from the wall. Ken got his hand caught in the rope. We need a mid cleat.  Made it through the lock and docked at Midway Marina.  They drove us to Tupelo, Mississippi where we rented a car.  We arrived in Dallas after midnight.


Dad's funeral in Fort Worth.
                                       


Funeral was November 5th. The sanctuary was full and Dad's casket was adorned by hundreds of flowers.  Thank you to all of my friends who sent flowers and called to express their sorrow.  I appreciate your support during this difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment