Loop Dreams

Loop Dreams

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Oct 28th-30th, 2011

October 28-30

We rented a car to go back to Fort Worth, TX.  My dad is not responding to hospital treatments and he is scheduled to go home next week with Hospice care.   Arrived in Fort Worth at  8:30pm and Dad was awake. He lit up when Ken & I entered the room and tears started to stream down his face.  I am so glad we decided to go back home.  This is where I need to be for a few days.  The next morning I
was able to visit Jennifer and see Izzy, my new grand daughter.  She is so cute and starting to have a
personality.  I arrived at the hospital at 9:30AM and dad was sleeping.  Shortly he awoke and was in
good spirits.  He had an appetite and I thought he might be making a turn around, but as the day went on he kept getting weaker and it was harder for him to talk.  He had tons of company. I believe COPD will finally win this battle. I prayed with my dad before I left his side and told him he was a fantastic father and wonderful husband.  He was ready for God to take him.  I left Dad around 4:30pm to go help Cynthia and Mark get the bedroom ready for the hospital bed.  Early Sunday morning we were back in the car for the long trip to Florence, Alabama.

Great Grandpa with Jaxson and Jordan Erkie, October 2011.
 

Great Grandpa with Isabella Palasciano, October 2011.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment